Fabric Branding Solutions Forum

It is currently Oct 22nd, '17, 16:29

All times are UTC - 4:30 hours

PostPosted: Apr 27th, '15, 09:50 

I have a cushion sofa which has a low unpadded back with large cushions instead. I am thinking of doing new covers. The sofa itself is dark brown leather, I was thinking of various fabrics in tones of turquoise which led me to think of Sari fabric. Do you all think it will be robust enough though. They are not like normal small scatter cushions, they are about 2 foot square lots of them and they support you at the back. I have looked at upholstery fabric but it's not really what I want. I want a complete change

PostPosted: Apr 27th, '15, 09:52 

Provided they're not the flimsy veily sort, I'd say they should be fine. My sister in law had some big floor cushion thingies covered in saree fabrics, and they were fine.

And it's not like there's a shortage of shops round here to investigate

PostPosted: Apr 27th, '15, 09:52 

I bought several meters of silk taffeta with the idea I could reupholster two old chairs I have. It's a very nice fabric, but not strong enough for the seats. As a test I did the seat of a couple of dining table chairs I have, and they didn't even last a month. Jeans are very hard on the fabric, and it tears at the edge of the seat where it gets the most wear. Now I have several meters of silk I don't know what to do with, would make nice shirts though. I have seen real French and Italian silk meant for reuphostery, it's a very different quality, price too. Cushions in the back don't get that much wear, it might work